Back Pain exercise and specialised Pilates for Back Pain Course
Naz, Physiotherapist at UPL shares today's Monday Motivational Movement. Today's exercise provides a great stretch if you have upper/lower back stiffness or back pain.
The stretch includes a thoracic rotation and is great for:
- upper and lower back stiffness
- back pain
- pectoral (chest) stiffness
- people who sit a lot eg. desk work.
You should not experience any pain doing this exercise. If you do, please stop and contact a health professional for further advice.
If you suffer with back pain ... did you know that we run a specialised course 'Pilates for Back Pain' here in UPL's large studio? The 6-week course is physiotherapis-led with exercises modified to suit individual needs. The next course starts on 11 March at a cost of £75.
Who is it suitable for?
- Chronic and long term back pain
- Back injury
- Disc degeneration
- Recovering from a disc bulge
- Postnatal back pain
- Want to manage back pain
- Pre-course physiotherapist telephone call to discuss your goals to ensure you try and achieve them
- Physio-led Pilates class on the big Swiss Ball
- Physio support throughout the course
- 15 minute stretch and relaxation at the end of each class
- Homework plan of exercises
- Learn to manage your back pain with physiotherapy and Pilates
- WhatsApp support group
If you would like any further information or to book a place please contact us.